Saturday, February 21, 2009

Cleland Wildlife Park

Today we went to the Cleland Wildlife Park where we met our new friend, Albert the Koala (seen above). He was a lovely fellow, to say the least. After a nice cuddle with Albert, we moved on to make some more friends.

Meet Olga the Kangaroo, HIGH 5 (in the voice of Borat)!!!

My boy, Joey.

Big Daddy, who was too busy posing for his close up to notice the food in my hand.

Olga would not leave Nicole alone and came back for another nibble.

When Nicole ran out, she hopped over to me. How the tables have turned.

I was a little nervous to get any closer to this guy!

We spotted a huge rat!!! Just kidding, we think it is actually a bandicoot.


As an added bonus (thanks to Nick's parents and their awesome xmas gift), here are a few videos we captured from the day!


9 comments:

  1. You are both just so Sweet!
    I love you,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Don't you want to take them home with you?

    I noticed Sean seemed nervous of the Kangaroos teeth. I think the next creatures you encounter might give you more reason to fear their teeth :P

    Btw we tried calling this weekend...when is a good time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you guys kill me :)..that's actually really awesome.. I'm very jealous

    btw Nicole nice shirt..i was looking for that :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. and my favorite pic is of Sean and the bird :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha those videos are hilarious!

    haha ditto to what shawna said....you think kangaroo teeth are big....just wait! haha

    and wow that osterich is HUGE!
    looks like a blast guys....keep 'em coming!
    xo

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is officially my fav section of videos and pics.....so many amazing animals!!! im very envious....and btw leave it to nic to comment bout the balls hahaha! love u sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the videos... am looking forward to seeing some moving pictures of the Indian Ocean or the Pacific (I'll take either one)!

    adorable pix of you both with aussie icons!

    love youxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That one kangaroo seemed like such a grump. I love how when Sean didn't have any more food he/she just went over to Nicole.

    Did you try to go for a ride in its pouch, ala Peter Griffin?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe you got so close to all the animals. That kangaroo wanted to knock you out sean lol

    ReplyDelete